Bail is set by the county in which a person is arrested.
You have a 3 choices when arrested:
- Put up a cash bail for the full bail amount (e.g. if the bail is set at $20,000, you would pay $20,000 in cash). A cash bail is refundable after the final court date.
- Hire a bail agent to put up the full bail amount for you. For this service you pay a premium, usually 10% of the bail amount. (e.g. for a $20,000 bail the premium is $2,000) Premium is not refundable.
- Stay in jail for the length of the trial process, which could be over a year.
If you can’t afford the full amount in cash, your best choice is a bail agent or bondsman.
Bail through an agent costs 10% in California for all bail agents. There are exceptions where certain clients can qualify for bail at lower rates *
Your payment can be split up over several months, or years, so that you can afford bail. We work with your income and customize a payment plan to meet your needs.
Call us now at 1-800-793-2245 to see how affordable bail is.
There are discounts available if you meet any of the following:
- Union member
- Military, active or retired
- Have hired a private attorney
- Special circumstances