Bored at work and want some fun? Try some light reading to educate yourself with some tips for when you travel to different states across America. We have compiled some of America’s wackiest, most absurd laws that are still in effect today. They probably are not heavily enforced thanks to how ridiculous they are, but if they are enforced, you can technically be fined or arrested.
- In Alaska, you cannot give a moose a beer. So do not bother inviting them to your house party.
- In California, no driver-less vehicle can go faster than 60 miles per hour. Yet, a driver-less vehicle going 59 miles per hour on the road is fine, because it is totally safe.
- In Connecticut, a pickle will achieve true pickle status only if it bounces. If it does not bounce, it cannot be called a pickle. Be ready for that 5 second rule to grab that pickle or non-pickle after its bounce!
- In Idaho, you will get up to 14 years in prison for cannibalism – that sounds about right. However, if you had to kill and eat your friend to survive, you know, survival of the fittest, then you are off the hook.
- In Illinois, you may not fall asleep in a cheese factory, bake shop, candy store, or ice cream shop. If you want to dream about food, do it at home.
- In New Jersey, if you are going to commit murder, do not wear a bulletproof vest. It is illegal to wear the vest during this act, which actually also makes the fight more fair. PS: it is also illegal to commit murder, in case you did not know.
- In Ohio, you cannot give alcohol to a fish. They are probably fine with their regular tank water anyway.
- In South Carolina, you must be at least 18 years of age to use a pinball machine. That is when the fun begins.
- In Virginia, you and the other person must be true lovers and be able to prove it if you want to have sex. If you cannot prove that, then you can be fined. Good luck with that, it is hard enough to prove to your significant other how true your love is.
Is your head kind of raw from all the head-scratching you just did? Ours too. Remember, you probably will not get arrested for these crimes but if you do, you cannot say we did not warn you.
If you, or someone you know, has been arrested in California for leaving your car, without you in the driver seat, go 60 miles or faster or has been arrested for any other crime that doesn’t makes sense, please contact Los Angeles Bail Bonds.
You can contact us online, or on the phone at 800-793-2245. We are here to help you or your loved one get out of jail and back home quickly.
Here Is Why You Need a Constant Dose of Positivity
“Positivity goes a long way” may be cliché but truthfully, it is very true. Positivity has the power to really turn a bad situation into a better one at the very least, even if it is not the best. Frankly, that should be good enough. So if you are pissed off after learning that your husband or wife is in jail and now you feel obligated to help bail or her out of jail, turn your scowl up just a little bit and look at bail like this:
Your loved one is coming back home.
Obviously, if your loved one has been arrested, they are going to sit in jail and they are going to be there until they can bail out. Your kids will start asking where Mom or Dad is, and it is painful to figure out how to tell them. It is painful just knowing your loved one is in jail, alone, and miserable. The sooner you can pay for his or her bail, the sooner your loved one can come home and you can be a full family again. Look at paying for bail in that respect, a more positive light. You will have a united family, ready to face the next steps together.
Los Angeles Bail Bonds is available to help speed up the bail process by providing you with a bail bond at an affordable cost, one much more affordable than paying for the entire bail yourself. If you need us, we will be here to answer your questions without keeping you waiting.